Section 498.059, Florida Statutes 2007
498.059 Penalties.--A person is guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084, if she or he willfully:
(1) Offers, disposes of, or participates in an offer or disposition of subdivided lands in violation of s. 498.023(1);
(2) Disposes of or participates in the disposition of any interest in subdivided land without providing a current public offering statement in violation of s. 498.023(2);
(3) Offers, disposes of, or participates in any offer or disposition of any evidence of indebtedness secured by a mortgage or deed of trust of any interest in subdivided land in violation of s. 498.023(4);
(4) Fails to obtain written approval of the division for any material change to a registered offering of subdivided lands in violation of s. 498.033(2);
(5) Removes or diverts, or otherwise impairs, without approval, any moneys or other security or assurance established under s. 498.039;
(6) Makes any material misrepresentation, commits any fraudulent act, or conceals any material fact in the offer or disposition of subdivided lands; or
(7) Disposes of, conceals, or diverts any funds or assets of any person so as to substantially and adversely affect the interest of a purchaser of subdivided land.
(8) Makes any material misrepresentation or conceals any material fact in any written communication with the division.
(9) Fails to comply with the provisions of this act concerning deposits of funds into trust or escrow accounts, or withdrawal of funds from trust or escrow accounts. The failure to place funds in trust or escrow accounts established pursuant to this act after receipt by the subdivider of such funds is prima facie evidence of an intentional and purposeful violation of this act.
History.--s. 21, ch. 63-129; s. 18, ch. 67-229; s. 426, ch. 71-136; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 27, 30, 32, ch. 79-347; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; s. 2, ch. 84-71; ss. 27, 33, 34, ch. 88-90; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 582, ch. 97-103; s. 18, ch. 97-192.
Note.--Former s. 478.211.