Section 501.212, Florida Statutes 2001
501.212 Application.--This part does not apply to:
(1) An act or practice required or specifically permitted by federal or state law.
(2) A publisher, broadcaster, printer, or other person engaged in the dissemination of information or the reproduction of printed or pictorial matter, insofar as the information or matter has been disseminated or reproduced on behalf of others without actual knowledge that it violated this part.
(3) A claim for personal injury or death or a claim for damage to property other than the property that is the subject of the consumer transaction.
(4) Any person or activity regulated under laws administered by the Department of Insurance or banks and savings and loan associations regulated by the Department of Banking and Finance or banks or savings and loan associations regulated by federal agencies.
(5) Any activity regulated under laws administered by the Florida Public Service Commission.
(6) An act or practice involving the sale, lease, rental, or appraisal of real estate by a person licensed, certified, or registered pursuant to chapter 475, which act or practice violates s. 475.42 or s. 475.626.
History.--s. 1, ch. 73-124; s. 7, ch. 79-386; s. 13, ch. 93-38; s. 7, ch. 2001-39; s. 28, ch. 2001-214.