Section 551.121, Florida Statutes 2008
551.121 Prohibited activities and devices; exceptions.--
(1) Complimentary or reduced-cost alcoholic beverages may not be served to persons playing a slot machine. Alcoholic beverages served to persons playing a slot machine shall cost at least the same amount as alcoholic beverages served to the general public at a bar within the facility.
(2) A slot machine licensee may not make any loan, provide credit, or advance cash in order to enable a person to play a slot machine. This subsection shall not prohibit automated ticket redemption machines that dispense cash resulting from the redemption of tickets from being located in the designated slot machine gaming area of the slot machine licensee.
(3) A slot machine licensee may not allow any automated teller machine or similar device designed to provide credit or dispense cash to be located within the designated slot machine gaming areas of a facility of a slot machine licensee.
(4)(a) A slot machine licensee may not accept or cash any check from any person within the designated slot machine gaming areas of a facility of a slot machine licensee.
(b) Except as provided in paragraph (c) for employees of the facility, a slot machine licensee or operator shall not accept or cash for any person within the property of the facility any government-issued check, third-party check, or payroll check made payable to an individual.
(c) Outside the designated slot machine gaming areas, a slot machine licensee or operator may accept or cash a check for an employee of the facility who is prohibited from wagering on a slot machine under s. 551.108(5), a check made directly payable to a person licensed by the division, or a check made directly payable to the slot machine licensee or operator from:
1. A pari-mutuel patron; or
2. A pari-mutuel facility in this state or in another state.
(d) Unless accepting or cashing a check is prohibited by this subsection, nothing shall prohibit a slot machine licensee or operator from accepting and depositing in its accounts checks received in the normal course of business.
(5) A slot machine, or the computer operating system linking the slot machine, may be linked by any means to any other slot machine or computer operating system within the facility of a slot machine licensee. A progressive system may not be used in conjunction with slot machines between licensed facilities.
(6) A slot machine located within a licensed facility shall accept only tickets or paper currency or an electronic payment system for wagering and return or deliver payouts to the player in the form of tickets that may be exchanged for cash, merchandise, or other items of value. The use of coins, credit or debit cards, tokens, or similar objects is specifically prohibited. However, an electronic credit system may be used for receiving wagers and making payouts.
History.--s. 1, ch. 2005-362; s. 10, ch. 2007-252.