Section 553.76, Florida Statutes 2009
553.76 General powers of the commission.--The commission is authorized to:
(1) Adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of this part.
(2) Issue memoranda of procedure for its internal management and control.
(3) Enter into contracts and do such things as may be necessary and incidental to the discharge of its responsibilities under this part.
(4) Adopt rules pursuant to ss. 120.536(1) and 120.54 to implement the provisions of the Florida Building Code and the provisions of this chapter.
(5) Adopt and promote, in consultation with state and local governments, other boards, advisory councils, and commissions, such recommendations as are deemed appropriate to determine and ensure consistent, effective, and efficient enforcement and compliance with the Florida Building Code, including, but not limited to, voluntary professional standards for the operation of building departments and for personnel development. Recommendations shall include, but not be limited to, provisions for coordination among and between local offices with review responsibilities and their coordination with state or regional offices with special expertise.
History.--s. 7, ch. 74-167; s. 4, ch. 78-323; ss. 3, 4, ch. 81-7; ss. 1, 4, ch. 82-46; s. 2, ch. 83-265; ss. 5, 6, ch. 91-172; s. 5, ch. 91-429; s. 184, ch. 98-200; ss. 43, 44, ch. 98-287; s. 131, ch. 2000-141; s. 35, ch. 2001-186; s. 4, ch. 2001-372.