Section 556.103, Florida Statutes 2009
556.103 Creation of the corporation; establishment of the board of directors; authority of the board; annual report.--
(1) The "Sunshine State One-Call of Florida, Inc.," is created as a not-for-profit corporation. Each operator of an underground facility in this state shall be a member of the corporation and shall use and participate in the system. The corporation shall administer the provisions of this chapter. The corporation shall exercise its powers through a board of directors established pursuant to this section.
(2) The membership of the corporation shall elect a board of directors to administer the system.
(3) The corporation, through the board of directors, shall have the authority to assess the member operators to fund the system.
(4) Beginning in 1994, the board of directors shall file with the Governor, not later than 60 days before the convening of each regular session of the Legislature, an annual progress report on the operation of the system.
(5) Beginning in 1998, the board of directors shall submit to the President of the Senate, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, and the Governor, not later than 60 days before the convening of each regular session of the Legislature, an annual progress report on the participation by municipalities and counties in the one-call notification system created by this chapter.
History.--s. 3, ch. 93-240; s. 3, ch. 97-306; s. 3, ch. 2006-138.