Section 559.3903, Florida Statutes 2009
559.3903 Contracts of membership; right of cancellation; how exercised; entitlement to refund; right not waivable.--
(1) Any person who has elected to become a member of a club may cancel such membership by giving written notice of cancellation any time before 12 midnight of the third business day following the date on which membership was attained.
(2) Notice of cancellation may be given personally or by mail. If given by mail, the notice is effective upon deposit in a mailbox, properly addressed, and postage prepaid. Notice of cancellation need not take a particular form and is sufficient if it indicates, by any form of written expression, the intention or desire of the member to cancel the contract.
(3) Cancellation shall be without liability on the part of the member. The member will be entitled to a total refund, within 10 days after notice of cancellation is given, of the entire consideration paid for the contract.
(4) Rights of cancellation may not be waived or otherwise surrendered.
(5) Any purchase made by the member prior to cancellation will be void. If upon demand of the club the member tenders to the club all merchandise received in the same condition it was received at the time of purchase, the member shall receive a total refund for all purchases made prior to cancellation within 10 days after notice of cancellation is given.
History.--s. 1, ch. 91-72.