Section 559.936, Florida Statutes 2003
559.936 Civil penalties; remedies.--
(1) The department may institute a civil action in a court of competent jurisdiction to recover any penalties or damages allowed in this part and for injunctive relief to enforce compliance with this part.
(2) The department may seek a civil penalty of up to $5,000 for each violation of this part.
(3) The department may bring an action for restitution for and on behalf of any purchaser of travel services aggrieved or injured by a violation of this part.
(4) Any provision in a travel contract, certificate, vacation package, or other brochure or travel material from a seller of travel that purports to waive, limit, restrict, or avoid any of the duties, obligations, or prescriptions of the seller of travel, as herein provided, is void and unenforceable and against public policy, unless it is necessitated by contractual arrangements with travel service suppliers and fully disclosed.
(5) The remedies provided in this part are in addition to any other remedies available for the same conduct.
(6) Upon motion of the department in any action brought under this part, the court may make appropriate orders, including appointment of a master or receiver or sequestration of assets, to reimburse consumers found to have been damaged, to carry out a consumer transaction in accordance with the consumer's reasonable expectations, or to grant other appropriate relief.
History.--ss. 1, 2, ch. 88-363; s. 6, ch. 89-296; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 88, ch. 92-291; s. 1, ch. 93-107; s. 5, ch. 95-314.
Note.--Former s. 559.927(14).