Section 604.01, Florida Statutes 2001
604.01 Statewide soil survey and mapping; declaration of policy.--A thorough and careful survey and mapping of the soils of Florida is hereby declared as a matter of legislative policy, basic to:
(1) The development of intelligent research programs on the agricultural potentialities of the soils of the state;
(2) The organization of effective soil conservation and land use planning programs;
(3) Agricultural extension and home demonstration work;
(4) Highway and secondary road planning;
(5) Establishment of equitable land tax assessments;
(6) Agricultural teaching;
(7) The development of a sound body of helpful agricultural information for nationwide distribution to prospective landowners; and
(8) A number of other social and agricultural enterprises of broad public interest.
History.--s. 1, ch. 20454, 1941.