Section 624.313, Florida Statutes 2003
(1) As early as reasonably possible, the office shall annually have printed and made available a statistical report which must include all of the following information on either a calendar year or fiscal year basis:
(a) A summary of all information reported to the office under s. 627.915(1).
(b) The total amount of premiums written and earned by line of insurance.
(c) The total amount of losses paid and losses incurred by line of insurance.
(d) The ratio of premiums written to losses paid by line of insurance.
(e) The ratio of premiums earned to losses incurred by line of insurance.
(f) The market share of the 10 largest insurers or insurer groups by line of insurance and of each insurer or insurer group that has a market share of at least 1 percent of a line of insurance in this state.
(g) The profitability of each major line of insurance.
(h) An analysis of the impact of the insurance industry on the economy of the state.
(i) A complaint ratio by line of insurance for the insurers referred to in paragraph (f), based upon information provided to the office by the department. The office shall determine the most appropriate ratio or ratios for quantifying complaints.
(j) An analysis of such lines or kinds of insurance for which the office determines that an availability problem exists in this state.
(k) A summary of the findings of market examinations performed by the office under s. 624.3161 during the preceding year.
(l) Such other information as the office deems relevant.
(2)(a) The department may prepare and have printed and published in pamphlet or book form the following:
1. As needed, questions and answers for the use of persons applying for an examination for licensing as agents for property, casualty, surety, health, and miscellaneous insurers.
2. As needed, questions and answers for the use of persons applying for an examination for licensing as agents for life and health insurers.
(b) The office may prepare and have printed and published in pamphlet or book form, as needed, questions and answers for the use of persons applying for an examination for licensing as adjusters.
(3) The department or office shall sell the publications mentioned in subsections (1) and (2) to purchasers at a price fixed by the department or office at not less than the cost of printing and binding such publications, plus packaging and postage costs for mailing; except that the department or office may deliver copies of such publications free of cost to state agencies and officers; insurance supervisory authorities of other states and jurisdictions; institutions of higher learning located in Florida; the Library of Congress; insurance officers of Naval, Military, and Air Force bases located in Florida; and to persons serving as advisers to the department or office in preparation of the publications.
(4) The department or office may contract with outside vendors, in accordance with chapter 287, to compile data in an electronic data processing format that is compatible with the systems of the department or office.
History.--s. 28, ch. 59-205; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 73-305; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 24, 37, 809(1st), ch. 82-243; ss. 6, 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 71, ch. 2003-1; s. 767, ch. 2003-261; s. 13, ch. 2003-267; s. 6, ch. 2003-281.