Section 624.320, Florida Statutes 2001
624.320 Examination expenses.--
(1) Each insurer so examined shall pay to the department the expenses of the examination at the rates adopted by the department. Such expenses shall include actual travel expenses, reasonable living expense allowance, compensation of the examiner or other person making the examination, and necessary attendant administrative costs of the department directly related to the examination. Such travel expense and living expense allowance shall be limited to those expenses necessarily incurred on account of the examination and shall be paid by the examined insurer together with compensation upon presentation by the department to such insurer of a detailed account of such charges and expenses after a detailed statement has been filed by the examiner and approved by the department.
(2) All moneys collected from insurers for examinations shall be deposited into the Insurance Commissioner's Regulatory Trust Fund, and the department is authorized to make deposits from time to time into such fund from moneys appropriated for the operation of the department.
(3) Notwithstanding the provisions of s. 112.061, the department is authorized to pay to the examiner or person making the examination out of such trust fund the actual travel expenses, reasonable living expense allowance, and compensation in accordance with the statement filed with the department by the examiner or other person, as provided in subsection (1) upon approval by the department.
(4) When not examining an insurer, the travel expenses, per diem, and compensation for the examiners and other persons employed to make examinations, if approved, shall be paid out of moneys budgeted for such purpose as regular employees, reimbursements for such travel expenses and per diem to be at rates no more than as provided in s. 112.061.
(5) The department is authorized to pay to regular insurance examiners, not residents of Leon County, Florida, per diem for periods not exceeding 30 days for each such examiner while at the office of the department in Tallahassee, Florida, for the purpose of auditing insurers' annual statements. Such expenses shall be paid out of moneys budgeted for such purpose, as for regular employees at rates provided in s. 112.061.
(6) The provisions of this section shall apply to rate analysts and rate examiners in the discharge of their duties under s. 624.3161.
History.--s. 35, ch. 59-205; s. 1, ch. 61-208; s. 1, ch. 63-125; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; ss. 2, 3, ch. 71-46; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 30, 37, 809(1st), ch. 82-243; ss. 11, 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429.