Section 626.025, Florida Statutes 2009
626.025 Consumer protections.--To transact insurance, agents shall comply with consumer protection laws, including the following, as applicable:
(1) Continuing education requirements for resident and nonresident agents, as required in s. 626.2815.
(2) Fingerprinting requirements for resident and nonresident agents, as required under s. 626.171 or s. 626.202.
(3) Fingerprinting following a department investigation under s. 626.601.
(4) The submission of credit and character reports, as required by s. 626.171 or s. 626.521.
(5) Qualifications for licensure as an agent in s. 626.731, s. 626.741, s. 626.785, s. 626.792, s. 626.831, or s. 626.835.
(6) Examination requirements in s. 626.221, s. 626.741, s. 626.792, or s. 626.835.
(7) Required licensure or registration of insurance agencies under s. 626.112.
(8) Requirements for licensure of resident and nonresident agents in s. 626.112, s. 626.321, s. 626.731, s. 626.741, s. 626.785, s. 626.792, s. 626.831, s. 626.835, or s. 626.927.
(9) The prohibition against employees of the United States Department of Veterans Affairs being licensed as life agents or health agents, under s. 626.788 or s. 626.833.
(10) The prohibition against licensed life agents or health agents who are members of the United States Armed Services selling insurance products to those of a lower military rank, under s. 626.789 or s. 626.834.
(11) Countersignature of insurance policies, as required under s. 624.425, s. 624.426, or s. 626.741.
(12) The code of ethics for life insurance agents, as set forth in s. 626.797.
(13) The prohibition against the designation of a life insurance agent as the beneficiary of life insurance policy sold to an individual other than a family member under s. 626.798.
(14) Any other licensing requirement, restriction, or prohibition designated a consumer protection by the Chief Financial Officer, but not inconsistent with the requirements of Subtitle C of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, 15 U.S.C.A. ss. 6751 et seq.
History.--s. 5, ch. 2002-206; s. 909, ch. 2003-261; s. 4, ch. 2004-374; s. 6, ch. 2005-257.