Section 626.241, Florida Statutes 2003
626.241 Scope of examination.--
(1) Each examination for a license as agent, customer representative, or adjuster shall be of such scope as is deemed by the department or office to be reasonably necessary to test the applicant's ability and competence and knowledge of the kinds of insurance and transactions to be handled under the license applied for, of the duties and responsibilities of such a licensee, and of the pertinent provisions of the laws of this state.
(2) Examinations given applicants for license as a general lines agent or customer representative shall cover all property, casualty, and surety insurances, except as provided in subsection (5) relative to limited licenses.
(3) Examinations given applicants for a life agent's license shall cover life insurance and variable annuities.
(4) Examinations given applicants for a health agent's license shall cover health insurance.
(5) Examinations given applicants for a limited license as agent or as customer representative shall be limited in scope to the kind of business to be transacted under such license.
(6) Examinations given applicants for license as an all-lines adjuster shall cover adjusting in all lines of insurance, other than life and annuity; or, in accordance with the application for the license, the examination may be limited to adjusting in:
(a) Automobile physical damage insurance;
(b) Property and casualty insurance;
(c) Workers' compensation insurance; or
(d) Health insurance.
(7) Examinations given applicants for licensure as title agents must cover title insurance, abstracting, title searches, examination of title, closing procedures, and escrow handling.
History.--s. 203, ch. 59-205; s. 7, ch. 61-441; s. 1, ch. 65-16; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 2, ch. 73-31; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 88, ch. 79-40; ss. 1, 3, ch. 81-282; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 168, 217, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; ss. 23, 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 7, ch. 92-318; s. 7, ch. 92-328; s. 920, ch. 2003-261.