Section 626.241, Florida Statutes 2009
626.241 Scope of examination.--
(1) Each examination for a license as agent, customer representative, or adjuster shall be of such scope as is deemed by the department to be reasonably necessary to test the applicant's ability and competence and knowledge of the kinds of insurance and transactions to be handled under the license applied for, of the duties and responsibilities of such a licensee, and of the pertinent provisions of the laws of this state.
(2) Examinations given applicants for license as a general lines agent or customer representative shall cover all property, casualty, and surety insurances, except as provided in subsection (5) relative to limited licenses.
(3) Examinations given applicants for a life agent's license shall cover life insurance and variable annuities.
(4) Examinations given applicants for a health agent's license shall cover health insurance.
(5) Examinations given applicants for a limited license as agent or as customer representative shall be limited in scope to the kind of business to be transacted under such license.
(6) In order to reflect the differences between adjusting claims for an insurer and adjusting claims for an insured, the department shall create an examination for applicants seeking licensure as a public adjuster and a separate examination for applicants seeking licensure as a company employee adjuster or independent adjuster. Examinations given applicants for license as an all-lines adjuster shall cover adjusting in all lines of insurance, other than life and annuity; or, in accordance with the application for the license, the examination may be limited to adjusting in:
(a) Automobile physical damage insurance;
(b) Property and casualty insurance;
(c) Workers' compensation insurance; or
(d) Health insurance.
No examination on worker's compensation insurance or health insurance shall be required for public adjusters.
(7) Examinations given applicants for licensure as title agents must cover title insurance, abstracting, title searches, examination of title, closing procedures, and escrow handling.
(8) An examination for licensure as a personal lines agent shall consist of 100 questions and shall be limited in scope to the kinds of business transacted under such license.
(9) This section applies to any person who submits an application for license and to any person who submits an application for examination prior to filing an application for license.
History.--s. 203, ch. 59-205; s. 7, ch. 61-441; s. 1, ch. 65-16; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 2, ch. 73-31; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 88, ch. 79-40; ss. 1, 3, ch. 81-282; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 168, 217, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; ss. 23, 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 7, ch. 92-318; s. 7, ch. 92-328; s. 920, ch. 2003-261; s. 18, ch. 2004-374; s. 28, ch. 2004-390; s. 5, ch. 2006-184; s. 8, ch. 2008-220.