Section 626.331, Florida Statutes 2009
626.331 Number of appointments permitted or required.--
(1) Except as otherwise expressly provided in this code, the same individual may at any one time hold any and all categories of appointments as to which he or she has qualified and been licensed under this code.
(2) An agent shall be required to have a separate appointment as to each insurer by whom he or she is appointed as an agent. An agent must appoint himself or herself before performing the functions of a viatical settlement broker.
(3) The department may issue a single appointment covering both life and health insurances to an individual licensed as to both such kinds of insurance and appointed as agent as to both such kinds by the same insurer.
(4) If requested in writing by the applicant or payor entitled thereto within 60 days after the denial or disapproval of an appointment, the department shall refund to the applicant or payor entitled thereto any state and county taxes received by it in connection with the application for the appointment. The appointment fee is not subject to refund. No refund shall be made under any circumstances after issuance of an appointment. No refund shall be made if the applicable appointment year has commenced before receipt by the department of the request for cancellation of the appointment and refund.
(5) A title agent or title agency license must be limited to selling title insurance only for the appointing title insurer or insurers.
History.--s. 212, ch. 59-205; s. 1, ch. 63-17; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 71-57; s. 2, ch. 72-34; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; s. 3, ch. 81-282; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 177, 217, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; s. 9, ch. 85-208; ss. 34, 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 9, ch. 92-318; s. 224, ch. 97-102; s. 19, ch. 98-199; s. 10, ch. 2005-237.