Section 626.867, Florida Statutes 2003
626.867 Company employee adjuster's qualifications.--The office shall issue a license to an applicant for a company employee adjuster's license upon determining that the applicable license fee specified in s. 624.501 has been paid and that the applicant possesses the following qualifications:
(1) Is a natural person at least 18 years of age.
(2) Is a United States citizen or legal alien who possesses work authorization from the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service and a bona fide resident of this state.
(3) Is trustworthy and has such business reputation as would reasonably assure that the applicant will conduct his or her business as insurance adjuster fairly and in good faith and without detriment to the public.
(4) Has had sufficient experience, training, or instruction concerning the adjusting of damage or loss of risks described in his or her application, is sufficiently informed as to the terms and the effects of the provisions of insurance contracts covering such risks, and possesses adequate knowledge of the insurance laws of this state relating to such insurance contracts as to enable and qualify him or her to engage in such business as insurance adjuster fairly and without injury to the public or any member thereof with whom he or she may have relations as an insurance adjuster and to adjust all claims in accordance with the policy or contract and the insurance laws of this state.
(5) Has passed any required written examination.
History.--s. 330, ch. 59-205; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 1, ch. 77-116; s. 55, ch. 77-121; s. 3, ch. 81-282; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 282, 293, 807, 810, ch. 82-243; s. 39, ch. 82-386; ss. 206, 207, ch. 90-363; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 288, ch. 97-102; s. 979, ch. 2003-261; s. 60, ch. 2003-267; s. 53, ch. 2003-281.