Section 626.8698, Florida Statutes 2003
626.8698 Disciplinary guidelines for public adjusters.--The office may deny, suspend, or revoke the license of a public adjuster, and administer a fine not to exceed $5,000 per act, for any of the following:
(1) Violating any provision of this chapter or a rule or order of the office or commission;
(2) Receiving payment or anything of value as a result of an unfair or deceptive practice;
(3) Receiving or accepting any fee, kickback, or other thing of value pursuant to any agreement or understanding, oral or otherwise; entering into a split-fee arrangement with another person who is not a public adjuster; or being otherwise paid or accepting payment for services that have not been performed;
(4) Violating s. 316.066 or s. 817.234;
(5) Soliciting or otherwise taking advantage of a person who is vulnerable, emotional, or otherwise upset as the result of a trauma, accident, or other similar occurrence; or
(6) Violating any ethical rule of the commission.
History.--s. 2, ch. 95-238; s. 984, ch. 2003-261.