Section 627.413, Florida Statutes 2004
627.413 Contents of policies, in general; identification.--
(1) Every policy shall specify:
(a) The names of the parties to the contract.
(b) The subject of the insurance.
(c) The risks insured against.
(d) The time when the insurance thereunder takes effect and the period during which the insurance is to continue.
(e) The premium.
(f) The conditions pertaining to the insurance.
(g) The form numbers and edition dates or numeric code indicating edition dates, when such code has been supplied to the office, of all endorsements attached to a policy. This requirement applies to life insurance policies and health insurance policies only at the time of original issue.
(2) If under the policy the exact amount of premium is determinable only at stated intervals or termination of the contract, a statement of the basis and rates upon which the premium is to be determined and paid shall be included.
(3) Subsections (1) and (2) do not apply to surety contracts or to group insurance policies.
(4) All policies and annuity contracts issued by insurers, and the forms thereof filed with the office, shall have printed thereon an appropriate designating letter or figure, or combination of letters or figures or terms identifying the respective forms of policies or contracts. Whenever any change is made in any such form, the designating letters, figures, or terms thereon shall be correspondingly changed.
(5) Any policy that is a minimum premium policy issued by an insurer pursuant to the minimum premium provisions of rules adopted by rating organizations licensed by the office, shall have typed, printed, stamped, or legibly handwritten on the certificate the words "minimum premium policy" or equivalent language. The office may impose an administrative fine pursuant to s. 624.4211 if the office finds any violation of this subsection.
History.--s. 462, ch. 59-205; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 367, 377, 809(2nd), ch. 82-243; ss. 50, 79, ch. 82-386; s. 114, ch. 92-318; s. 16, ch. 98-174; s. 1117, ch. 2003-261.