Section 631.041, Florida Statutes 2003
631.041 Automatic stay; relief from stay; injunctions.--
(1) An application or petition under s. 631.031 operates as a matter of law as an automatic stay applicable to all persons and entities, other than the receiver, which shall be permanent and survive the entry of an order of conservation, rehabilitation, or liquidation, and which shall prohibit:
(a) The commencement or continuation of judicial, administrative, or other action or proceeding against the insurer or against its assets or any part thereof;
(b) The enforcement of a judgment against the insurer or an affiliate obtained either before or after the commencement of the delinquency proceeding;
(c) Any act to obtain possession of property of the insurer;
(d) Any act to create, perfect, or enforce a lien against property of the insurer, except that a secured claim as defined in s. 631.011(21) may proceed under s. 631.191 after the order of liquidation is entered;
(e) Any act to collect, assess, or recover a claim against the insurer, except claims as provided for under this chapter; and
(f) The setoff or offset of any debt owing to the insurer, except offsets as provided in s. 631.281.
(2) Upon written request of a person or entity subject to the stay against obtaining or enforcing a judgment against an insurer or affiliate provided in paragraph (1)(b) the court, with notice to the department and upon hearing, may grant relief from the stay provided the movant, who has the burden of proof, establishes by clear and convincing evidence that the judgment is not voidable or void by a receiver and that property from which the judgment would be satisfied does not constitute premium funds or another asset which belongs to the insurer.
(3) Upon application by the department pursuant to this part for an order to show cause or upon petition, or at any time thereafter, the court may without notice issue an injunction restraining the insurer and its officers, directors, stockholders, members, subscribers, and agents and all other persons from the transaction of its business or the waste or disposition of its property until the further order of the court.
(4) The court may without notice at any time during a proceeding under this chapter issue such other injunctions or orders as may be deemed necessary to prevent interference with the department or the proceeding; waste of the assets of the insurer; the commencement or prosecution of any actions; the obtaining of preferences, judgments, attachments, or other liens; or the making of any levy against the insurer or against its assets or any part thereof.
(5) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no bond shall be required of the department as a prerequisite for the issuance of any injunction or restraining order pursuant to this section.
History.--s. 720, ch. 59-205; ss. 13, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 809(1st), ch. 82-243; s. 4, ch. 83-38; s. 39, ch. 88-166; ss. 83, 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 7, ch. 2002-25.