Section 631.814, Florida Statutes 2001
631.814 Definitions.--As used in this part:
(1) "Plan" means the Florida Health Maintenance Organization Consumer Assistance Plan created by this part.
(2) "Board" means the board of directors of the plan.
(3) "Contractual obligations" means any obligation under covered health care policies.
(4) "Covered policy" means any policy or contract issued by an HMO for health care services.
(5) "Date of insolvency" means the effective date of an order of liquidation entered by a court of competent jurisdiction.
(6) "Department" means the Florida Department of Insurance.
(7) "Health care services" means comprehensive health care services as defined in s. 641.19.
(8) "HMO" means a health maintenance organization possessing a valid certificate of authority issued by the department pursuant to part I of chapter 641.
(9) "Insolvent HMO" means an HMO against which an order of rehabilitation or liquidation has been entered by a court of competent jurisdiction, with the department appointed as receiver, even if such order has not become final by the exhaustion of appellate reviews.
(10) "Person" means any individual, corporation, partnership, association, or voluntary organization.
(11) "Subscriber" means any resident of this state who is enrolled for benefits provided by an HMO and who makes premium payments or for whom premium payments are made.
History.--ss. 1, 23, ch. 88-388; ss. 103, 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 35, ch. 95-211.