Section 642.015, Florida Statutes 2001
642.015 Definitions.--As used in ss. 642.011-642.049, the term:
(1) "Department" means the Department of Insurance.
(2) "Gross written premiums" means the total amount of premiums paid by the consumer for the entire period of the legal expense insurance contract, including commissions.
(3) "Insurance code" means the Florida Insurance Code as provided in s. 624.01.
(4) "Insurer" means any person authorized to conduct a life or casualty insurance business in this state or a legal expense insurance corporation authorized under ss. 642.011-642.049.
(5) "Legal expense insurance" means a contractual obligation to provide specific legal services, or to reimburse for specific legal expenses, in consideration of a specified payment for an interval of time, regardless of whether the payment is made by the beneficiaries individually or by a third person for them, but does not include the provision of, or reimbursement for, legal services incidental to other insurance coverages.
History.--s. 1, ch. 79-103; s. 2, ch. 81-318; ss. 1, 20, 21, ch. 83-278; ss. 1, 6, 7, ch. 93-147.