Section 723.0612, Florida Statutes 2003
723.0612 Change in use; relocation expenses; payments by park owner.--
(1) If a mobile home owner is required to move due to a change in use of the land comprising the mobile home park as set forth in s. 723.061(1)(d) and complies with the requirements of this section, the mobile home owner is entitled to payment from the Florida Mobile Home Relocation Corporation of:
(a) The amount of actual moving expenses of relocating the mobile home to a new location within a 50-mile radius of the vacated park, or
(b) The amount of $3,000 for a single-section mobile home or $6,000 for a multisection mobile home, whichever is less. Moving expenses include the cost of taking down, moving, and setting up the mobile home in a new location.
(2) A mobile home owner shall not be entitled to compensation under subsection (1) when:
(a) The park owner moves a mobile home owner to another space in the mobile home park or to another mobile home park at the park owner's expense;
(b) A mobile home owner is vacating the premises and has informed the park owner or manager before notice of the change in use has been given;
(c) A mobile home owner abandons the mobile home as set forth in subsection (7); or
(d) The mobile home owner has a pending eviction action for nonpayment of lot rental amount pursuant to s. 723.061(1)(a) which was filed against him or her prior to the mailing date of the notice of change in use of the mobile home park given pursuant to s. 723.061(1)(d).
(3) Except as provided in subsection (7), in order to obtain payment from the Florida Mobile Home Relocation Corporation, the mobile home owner shall submit to the corporation, with a copy to the park owner, an application for payment which includes:
(a) A copy of the notice of eviction due to change in use; and
(b) A contract with a moving or towing contractor for the moving expenses for the mobile home.
(4) The Florida Mobile Home Relocation Corporation must approve payment within 45 days after receipt of the information set forth in subsection (3), or payment is deemed approved. A copy of the approval must be forwarded to the park owner with an invoice for payment. Upon approval, the corporation shall issue a voucher in the amount of the contract price for relocating the mobile home. The moving contractor may redeem the voucher from the corporation following completion of the relocation and upon approval of the relocation by the mobile home owner.
(5) Actions of the Florida Mobile Home Relocation Corporation under this section are not subject to the provisions of chapter 120 but are reviewable only by writ of certiorari in the circuit court in the county in which the claimant resides in the manner and within the time provided by the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure.
(6) This section does not apply to any proceeding in eminent domain under chapter 73 or chapter 74.
(7) In lieu of collecting payment from the Florida Mobile Home Relocation Corporation as set forth in subsection (1), a mobile home owner may abandon the mobile home in the mobile home park and collect $1,375 for a single section and $2,750 for a multisection from the corporation as long as the mobile home owner delivers to the park owner the current title to the mobile home duly endorsed by the owner of record and valid releases of all liens shown on the title. If a mobile home owner chooses this option, the park owner shall make payment to the corporation in an amount equal to one-fourth of the maximum allowable moving expenses. The mobile home owner's application for funds under this subsection shall require the submission of a document signed by the park owner stating that the home has been abandoned under this subsection and that the park owner agrees to make payment to the corporation in the amount provided to the home owner under this section. However, in the event that the required documents are not submitted with the application, the corporation may consider the facts and circumstances surrounding the abandonment of the home to determine whether the mobile home owner is entitled to payment pursuant to this section.
(8) The Florida Mobile Home Relocation Corporation shall not be liable to any person for recovery if funds are insufficient to pay the amounts claimed. In any such event, the corporation shall keep a record of the time and date of its approval of payment to a claimant. If sufficient funds become available, the corporation shall pay the claimant whose unpaid claim is the earliest by time and date of approval.
(9) Any person whose application for funding pursuant to subsection (1) or subsection (7) is approved for payment by the corporation shall be barred from asserting any claim or cause of action under this chapter directly relating to or arising out of the change in use of the mobile home park against the corporation, the park owner, or the park owner's successors in interest. No application for funding pursuant to subsection (1) or subsection (7) shall be approved by the corporation if the applicant has either filed a claim or cause of action, is actively pursuing a claim or cause of action, or has a judgment against the corporation, the park owner, or the park owner's successors in interest under this chapter directly relating to or arising out of the change in use of the mobile home park, unless such claim or cause of action is dismissed with prejudice.
(10) It is unlawful for any person or his or her agent to file any notice, statement, or other document required under this section which is false or contains any material misstatement of fact. Any person who violates this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
History.--s. 8, ch. 2001-227; s. 3, ch. 2002-27; s. 11, ch. 2003-263.