Section 765.541, Florida Statutes 2004
765.541 Certification of organizations engaged in the practice of cadaveric organ and tissue procurement.--The Agency for Health Care Administration shall:
(1) Establish a program for the certification of organizations, agencies, or other entities engaged in the procurement of organs, tissues, and eyes for transplantation;
(2) Adopt rules that set forth appropriate standards and guidelines for the program. These standards and guidelines must be substantially based on the existing laws of the Federal Government and this state and the existing standards and guidelines of the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS), the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB), the South-Eastern Organ Procurement Foundation (SEOPF), the North American Transplant Coordinators Organization (NATCO), and the Eye Bank Association of America (EBAA). In addition, the Agency for Health Care Administration shall, before adopting these standards and guidelines, seek input from all organ procurement organizations, tissue banks, and eye banks based in this state;
(3) Collect, keep, and make available to the Governor and the Legislature information regarding the numbers and disposition of organs and tissues procured by each certified entity;
(4) Monitor participating facilities and agencies for program compliance; and
(5) Provide for the administration of the Organ and Tissue Procurement and Transplantation Advisory Board.
History.--ss. 2, 9, ch. 91-271; s. 5, ch. 91-429; s. 5, ch. 94-305; s. 33, ch. 2003-1.
Note.--Former s. 381.6021.