Section 946.522, Florida Statutes 2001
946.522 Prison Industries Trust Fund.--
(1) The Prison Industries Trust Fund is created, to be administered by the Department of Banking and Finance. The trust fund shall consist of moneys authorized to be deducted pursuant to 18 U.S.C. s. 1761(c) and the applicable federal guidelines, to be appropriated by the Legislature, and moneys deposited by the corporation authorized under this part to manage and operate correctional work programs. The appropriated funds shall be used by the corporation for purposes of construction or renovation of its facilities or for the expansion or establishment of correctional work programs as described in this part or for prison industries enhancement (PIE) programs as authorized under s. 946.523.
(2) The funds must be deposited in the State Treasury and may be paid out only on warrants drawn by the Comptroller upon receipt of a corporate resolution that has been duly authorized by the board of directors of the corporation authorized under this part to manage and operate correctional work programs. The corporation shall maintain all necessary records and accounts relative to such funds.
(3) The trust fund is exempt from s. 215.20.
(4) Notwithstanding s. 216.301 and pursuant to s. 216.351, any balance in the trust fund at the end of any fiscal year shall remain in the trust fund at the end of that year and shall be available for carrying out the purposes of the trust fund.
(5) Pursuant to s. 19(f)(3), Art. III of the State Constitution, the trust fund consists of assets held by the state, in a trustee capacity, as an agent or fiduciary for the corporation authorized under this part, and is not subject to termination under s. 19(f)(2), Art. III of the State Constitution.
History.--s. 1, ch. 2000-278.