Section 985.407, Florida Statutes 2003
985.407 Departmental contracting powers; personnel standards and screening.--
(1) The department may contract with the Federal Government, other state departments and agencies, county and municipal governments and agencies, public and private agencies, and private individuals and corporations in carrying out the purposes and the responsibilities of the delinquency services and programs of the department.
(2) The department shall adopt a rule pursuant to chapter 120 establishing a procedure to provide notice of policy changes that affect contracted delinquency services and programs. A policy is defined as an operational requirement that applies to only the specified contracted delinquency service or program. The procedure shall include:
(a) Public notice of policy development.
(b) Opportunity for public comment on the proposed policy.
(c) Assessment for fiscal impact upon the department and providers.
(d) The department's response to comments received.
(3) When the department contracts with a provider for any delinquency service or program, all personnel, including all owners, operators, employees, and volunteers in the facility or providing the service or program shall be of good moral character. A volunteer who assists on an intermittent basis for less than 40 hours per month is not required to be screened if the volunteer is under direct and constant supervision by persons who meet the screening requirements.
(4) The department shall require employment screening pursuant to chapter 435, using the level 1 standards for screening set forth in that chapter, for personnel in delinquency facilities, services, and programs.
(5) The department may grant exemptions from disqualification from working with children as provided in s. 435.07.
History.--s. 5, ch. 90-208; s. 3, ch. 91-33; s. 70, ch. 91-45; s. 15, ch. 91-57; s. 6, ch. 93-156; s. 15, ch. 94-134; s. 15, ch. 94-135; s. 9, ch. 95-158; s. 31, ch. 95-228; s. 118, ch. 95-418; s. 2, ch. 96-268; s. 67, ch. 97-238; s. 1, ch. 2003-29.
Note.--Former s. 39.076.