Section 1011.4105, Florida Statutes 2004
1011.4105 Transition from state accounting system (FLAIR) to university accounting system.--
(1) Universities and colleges under the supervision of the State Board of Education shall use the state accounting system (FLAIR) for fiscal year 2002-2003. The universities shall not be required to provide funds to the Department of Financial Services for the utilization of FLAIR.
(2) Beginning with the 2003-2004 fiscal year, any university may transition from FLAIR to the university's accounting system.
(3) To accomplish the transition from FLAIR to a university's accounting system, the university board of trustees must submit to the State Board of Education a plan developed in cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer. The plan must contain the actions the university will take, or has taken, to implement this transition. The plan must provide time lines for completion of actions and the target date the university will have implemented and tested parallel systems with appropriate audit and internal controls in place that will enable the university to satisfactorily and timely perform all accounting and reporting functions required by state and federal law and rules of the State Board of Education.
(4) When a university is ready to transition from FLAIR to its own system, the State Board of Education shall verify that the system the university has implemented and tested is adequate for the university, the university has appropriate audit and internal controls in place, the university has the resources required to operate and maintain the system, and that the university and the Chief Financial Officer are prepared to implement the transition. The State Board of Education shall submit to the Executive Office of the Governor and the chairs of the appropriations committees of the Senate and House of Representatives confirmation of this verification and the date the transition will be effective. Transition for any university shall not take place until after the State Board of Education has submitted this confirmation.
(5) The State Board of Education in cooperation with each university and the Department of Financial Services shall develop a plan and establish the deadline for all universities to have completed the transition from FLAIR. The board shall submit a copy of this plan to the Executive Office of the Governor and the chairs of the appropriations committees of the Senate and House of Representatives.
History.--s. 635, ch. 2002-387; s. 1972, ch. 2003-261.