(1) The Division of Elections of the Department of State shall adopt uniform rules for the purchase, use, and sale of voting equipment in the state. No governing body shall purchase or cause to be purchased any voting equipment unless such equipment has been certified for use in this state by the Department of State.
(2) Any governing body contemplating the purchase or sale of voting equipment shall notify the Division of Elections of such considerations. The division shall attempt to coordinate the sale of excess or outmoded equipment by one county with purchases of necessary equipment by other counties.
(3) The division shall inform the governing bodies of the various counties of the state of the availability of new or used voting equipment and of sources available for obtaining such equipment.
(4) A vendor of voting equipment may not provide an uncertified voting system, voting system component, or voting system upgrade to a local governing body or supervisor of elections in this state.
(5) Before or in conjunction with providing a voting system, voting system component, or voting system upgrade, the vendor shall provide the local governing body or supervisor of elections with a sworn certification that the voting system, voting system component, or voting system upgrade being provided has been certified by the Division of Elections.