(1) The Governor, Lieutenant Governor, members of the Cabinet, state legislators, or candidates for such offices who directly or indirectly solicit, cause to be solicited, or accept any contribution on behalf of an organization that is exempt from taxation under s. 527 or s. 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, which such individuals, in whole or in part, establish, maintain, or control, shall file a statement with the division within 5 days after commencing such activity on behalf of the organization. The statement shall contain the following information:
(a) The name of the person acting on behalf of the organization.
(b) The name and type of the organization.
(c) A description of the relationship between the person and the organization.
(2) Failure to timely file the statement shall subject the person to a civil penalty of $50 per day for each late day, payable from the personal funds of the violator.
(3) Upon filing a statement with the division, an individual subject to the requirements of subsection (1) shall promptly create a public website that contains a mission statement and the names of persons associated with the organization. The address of the website shall be reported to the division within 5 business days after the website is created.
(4) All contributions received shall be disclosed on the website within 5 business days after deposit, together with the name, address, and occupation of the donor. All expenditures by the organization shall be individually disclosed on the website within 5 business days after being made.
(5) The filing requirements of subsection (1) do not apply to an individual acting on behalf of his or her own campaign or a political party of which the individual is a member.