(1) The local agency is authorized to provide for the issuance, at one time or from time to time, of industrial revenue bonds of the local agency for the purpose of paying all or any part of the cost of any project or projects. The bonds shall be designated, subject to such additions or changes as the local agency deems advisable, “____ Industrial Development Revenue Bonds” (inserting in the blank space the name of the local agency which issues the bonds). The principal of, and the interest on, such bonds shall be payable solely from the funds herein provided for payment. The bonds of each issue shall be dated; shall bear interest at such rate or rates, including variable rates, notwithstanding any limitation in other laws relating to the maximum interest rate permitted for bonds of any county, municipality, or of the state or any agency of the foregoing; and shall mature at such time or times from their date or dates as may be determined or provided for by the local agency; and may be made redeemable before maturity at the option of the local agency at such price or prices and under such terms and conditions as may be fixed by the local agency prior to the issuance of the bonds. The local agency shall determine the form and the manner of execution of the bonds, including any interest coupons to be attached thereto, and shall fix the denomination or denominations of the bonds and the place or places of payment of principal and interest, which may be at any bank or trust company within or without the state. In case any officer whose signature, or a facsimile of whose signature, shall appear on any bonds or coupons shall cease to be that officer before the delivery of the bonds, the signature or facsimile shall nevertheless be valid and sufficient for all purposes the same as if he or she had remained in office until delivery. The local agency may also provide for the authentication of the bonds by a trustee or fiscal agent. The bonds may be issued in coupon form or in registered form, or both, as the local agency may determine, and provision may be made for the registration of any coupon bonds as to principal alone and also as to both principal and interest; and for the reconversion into coupon bonds of any bonds registered as to both principal and interest; and for the interchange of registered and coupon bonds. The local agency may sell the bonds in such manner, either at public or private sale, and for such price as it may determine will best effectuate the purpose of this part, notwithstanding any limitation in other laws relating to the maximum interest rate permitted for bonds of a county, a municipality, or the state or any agency of the foregoing.
(2) Revenue bonds may be issued only if they are payable solely from revenue derived from the sale, operation, or leasing of any project or projects or other payments received under financing agreements with respect thereto.
(3) The proceeds of the bonds of each issue shall be used solely for the payment of the cost of the project or projects, or portion or portions thereof, for which such bonds shall have been issued, and shall be disbursed in such manner and under such restrictions, if any, as the local agency may provide in the resolution authorizing the issuance of such bonds or in the trust agreement hereinafter mentioned securing the same. If the proceeds of the bonds of any issue, by reason of increased construction costs or error in estimates or otherwise, shall be less than such cost, additional bonds may in like manner be issued to provide the amount of such deficiency, and unless otherwise provided in the bond resolution or in the trust agreement, shall be deemed to be of the same issue and shall be entitled to payment from the same fund without preference or priority of the bonds first issued. If the proceeds of the bonds of any issue shall exceed such cost, such excess shall be deposited to the credit of the sinking fund for such bonds, or, if so provided in such resolution or trust agreement, may be applied to the payment of the cost of any additional project or projects.
(4) Prior to the preparation of definitive bonds, the local agency may, under like restrictions, issue interim receipts or temporary bonds, with or without coupons, exchangeable for definitive bonds when such bonds shall have been executed and are available for delivery. The local agency may also provide for the replacement of any bonds which shall become mutilated or shall be destroyed or lost.
(5) Bonds may be issued under the provisions of this part without obtaining, except as otherwise expressly provided in this part, the consent of any department, division, commission, board, body, bureau, or agency of the state, and without any other proceedings or the happening of any conditions or things other than those proceedings, conditions, or things which are specifically required by this part and the provisions of the resolution authorizing the issuance of such bonds or the trust agreement securing the same.
(6) A local agency may provide in any bond resolution authorizing the issuance of bonds, or trust agreement securing the same, and in any agreement of lease or other contract respecting the project, that if at any time after such bonds have been sold and delivered it is ascertained by the local agency or its designee that the interest on the bonds is no longer exempt under federal income tax laws, or that operation of the project is no longer economically or legally feasible by reason of the condemnation, damaging, or destruction of all or any part of the project or by changes in the law, measures deemed necessary by the local agency may be taken to protect the interest of the holders of its bonds, including the acceleration of the date or dates for calling the bonds for redemption, increasing the redemption premium and the rates of interest on the bonds, or increasing the rent under any such agreement of lease. The local agency may also require financial guarantees by guarantors acceptable to the local agency that obligations of any lessee under any such agreement of lease or contract shall be performed or otherwise satisfied.