As used in this part, the term:
(1) “Commission” means the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission created in s. 9, Art. IV of the State Constitution.
(2) “Council” means the Florida Oceans and Coastal Council created by this act.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Environmental Protection.
(4) “Executive director” means the executive director of the Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission.
(5) “Oceans” means those waters from the mean high-water line outward to the state’s jurisdictional boundary and those United States waters in which this state has an interest.
(6) “Secretary” means the secretary of the Department of Environmental Protection.