For the purposes of this part, except where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) “Applicant” means a veteran with wartime service or peacetime service as defined in this section who is not in need of hospitalization or nursing home care.
(2) “Department” means the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
(3) “Director” means the executive director of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
(4) “Domiciliary care” means shelter, sustenance, and incidental medical care provided on an ambulatory self-care basis to assist eligible veterans who are disabled by age or disease, but who are not in need of hospitalization or nursing home care services.
(5) “Extended congregate care” has the meaning given to that term under s. 429.02.
(6) “Mentally ill” means having an impairment of the emotional process, of the ability to exercise conscious control of one’s actions, or of the ability to perceive reality or to understand, which impairment substantially interferes with a person’s ability to meet the ordinary demands of living, and which impairment cannot be controlled by medication.
(7) “Peacetime service” means Army, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard, or Air Force service that is not during a wartime era as defined in s. 1.01(14).
(8) “Resident” means any eligible veteran admitted to residency in the home.
(9) “Veteran” means a person who served in the military as defined in s. 1.01(14).
(10) “Veterans’ Domiciliary Home of Florida,” hereinafter referred to as the “home,” means a home established by the state for veterans who served in wartime service or in peacetime service, as defined in this section.
(11) “Wartime service” has the meaning given to that term under s. 1.01(14).