(1) This chapter is amended to provide that, pursuant to the authority granted the Legislature in s. 11(a)(21), Art. III of the State Constitution, there shall be no special law or general law of local application granting additional authority, powers, rights, or privileges to any water control district formed pursuant to this chapter. However, this subsection shall not prohibit special or local legislation which:
(a) Amends an existing special act which provides for the levy of an annual maintenance tax of a district;
(b) Extends the corporate life of a district;
(c) Consolidates adjacent districts; or
(d) Authorizes the construction or maintenance of roads for agricultural purposes as outlined in this chapter.
(2) It is hereby expressly provided that special or local laws may be enacted by the Legislature, changing the method of voting for a board of supervisors for any district heretofore or hereafter created and organized under this chapter.
(3) Special or local laws may be enacted by the Legislature providing a change in the term of office of the board of supervisors and changing the qualifications of the board of supervisors of any district heretofore or hereafter organized and created as provided for by this chapter.
(4) Special or local legislation may be enacted by the Legislature, changing the governing authority or governing board of any district heretofore or hereafter organized and created as provided for by this chapter, or any section thereof.
(5) Any special or local laws that may be hereafter passed and enacted by the Legislature, pertaining to any district heretofore or hereafter created and organized as provided by this chapter, shall prevail as to that district and shall have the same force and effect as though it had been a part of this chapter or any section thereof at the time the district was created and organized.