(1) A rental car company may not rent in this state any for-hire vehicle, other than vehicles designed to transport cargo, that has affixed to its exterior any bumper stickers, insignias, or advertising that identifies the vehicle as a rental vehicle.
(2) As used in this section, the term: (a) “Bumper stickers, insignias, or advertising” does not include:
1. Any emblem of no more than two colors which is less than 2 inches by 4 inches, which is placed on the rental car for inventory purposes only, and which does not display the name or logo of the rental car company; or
2. Any license required by the law of the state in which the vehicle is registered.
(b) “Rent in this state” means to sign a rental contract in this state or to deliver a car to a renter in this state.
(3) A rental car company that leases a motor vehicle that is found to be in violation of this section shall be punished by a fine of $500 per occurrence.
(4) Any registration or renewal as required under s. 320.02 for an original or transfer of a long-term leased motor vehicle must be in the name and address of the lessee.