When used in this part, unless the context clearly dictates otherwise, the term:
(1) “Administrative assessment” means a review of conditions in a long-term care facility which impact the rights, health, safety, and welfare of residents with the purpose of noting needed improvement and making recommendations to enhance the quality of life for residents.
(2) “Agency” means the Agency for Health Care Administration.
(3) “Department” means the Department of Elderly Affairs.
(4) “Local council” means a local long-term care ombudsman council designated by the ombudsman pursuant to s. 400.0069. Local councils are also known as district long-term care ombudsman councils or district councils.
(5) “Long-term care facility” means a nursing home facility, assisted living facility, adult family-care home, board and care facility, or any other similar residential adult care facility.
(6) “Office” means the Office of State Long-Term Care Ombudsman created by s. 400.0063.
(7) “Ombudsman” means the individual appointed by the Secretary of Elderly Affairs to head the Office of State Long-Term Care Ombudsman.
(8) “Resident” means an individual 60 years of age or older who resides in a long-term care facility.
(9) “Secretary” means the Secretary of Elderly Affairs.
(10) “State council” means the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman Council created by s. 400.0067.