The terms hereinafter used, unless the text clearly indicates a different meaning, shall be as follows:
(1) The term “governing board” shall mean county commissioners, city commissioners, town councils, school boards, or any other governing body of counties, cities, towns, or school districts.
(2) The term “community forest” shall mean any forest area established under this law by a county, city, town, or school district.
(3) The term “forestry committee” shall mean the appointed committee for directing the activities of community forests.
(4) The term “counties, cities, towns” shall mean any recognized political subdivision of the state government.
(5) The term “school district” shall mean individual school districts of a county or vocational agricultural departments located in these districts.
(6) The term “division” shall mean the Division of Forestry of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(7) The term “forest products” shall mean any product produced from trees.
(8) The term “contiguous sale” shall mean sale of like forest products from adjoining areas that normally would be in the same sale area as determined by the forester on the forestry committee.