(1) A corporation administratively dissolved under s. 617.1421 may apply to the department for reinstatement at any time after the effective date of dissolution. The corporation must submit a reinstatement form prescribed and furnished by the department or a current uniform business report signed by a registered agent and an officer or director and submit all fees owed by the corporation and computed at the rate provided by law at the time the corporation applies for reinstatement.
(2) If the department determines that the application contains the information required by subsection (1) and that the information is correct, it shall reinstate the corporation.
(3) When the reinstatement is effective, it relates back to and takes effect as of the effective date of the administrative dissolution and the corporation resumes carrying on its business as if the administrative dissolution had never occurred.
(4) The name of the dissolved corporation is not available for assumption or use by another corporation until 1 year after the effective date of dissolution unless the dissolved corporation provides the department with an affidavit executed pursuant to s. 617.01201 authorizing the immediate assumption or use of the name by another corporation.
(5) If the name of the dissolved corporation has been lawfully assumed in this state by another corporation, the department shall require the dissolved corporation to amend its articles of incorporation to change its name before accepting its application for reinstatement.