625.313 Securities of certain agencies.—An insurer may invest in bonds, debentures, or other securities of the following agencies, whether or not such obligations are guaranteed by the Government of the United States:
(1) The Federal National Mortgage Association, and stock thereof when acquired in connection with the sale of mortgage loans to such association.
(2) Any federal land bank, when such securities are issued under provisions of the Act of Congress entitled the 1“Federal Farm Loan Act” and approved July 17, 1916, and any acts amendatory or supplementary to that act.
(3) Any federal home loan bank, when such securities are issued under provisions of the Act of Congress entitled “Federal Home Loan Bank Act” and approved July 22, 1932.
(4) The Home Owners’ Loan Corporation, created by the Act of Congress entitled “Home Owners’ Loan Act of 1933” and approved June 13, 1933.
(5) Any federal intermediate credit bank, created by the Act of Congress entitled 2“Agricultural Credits Act of March 4, 1923.”
(6) The Central Bank for Cooperatives and regional banks for cooperatives organized under the 3Farm Credit Act of 1933, or by any of such banks; and any notes, bonds, debentures, or other similar obligations, consolidated or otherwise, issued by farm credit institutions pursuant to the Farm Credit Act of 1971, Pub. L. No. 92-181.
(7) Any other similar agency of the Government of the United States which is of similar financial quality.
History.—s. 138, ch. 59-205; s. 3, ch. 74-92; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 105, 122, 809(1st), ch. 82-243; s. 82, ch. 83-216; ss. 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429.