The department may, in its discretion, deny, suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew or continue the license or appointment of any title insurance agent or agency, and it may suspend or revoke the eligibility to hold a license or appointment of any such title insurance agent or agency if it finds that as to the applicant or licensee or appointee, or any principal thereof, any one or more of the following grounds exist under circumstances for which such denial, suspension, revocation, or refusal is not mandatory under s. 626.8437:
(1) Any cause for which issuance of the license or appointment could have been refused had it then existed and been known to the department.
(2) Violation of any provision of this act in the course of dealing under the license or appointment.
(3) Violation of any lawful order or rule of the department.
(4) Failure or refusal upon demand to pay over to any title insurer that the appointee represents or has represented any money coming into the hands of such appointee and belonging to the title insurer.
(5) Engaging in unfair methods of competition or in unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the conduct of business, as prohibited under part IX of this chapter, or having otherwise shown himself or herself to be a source of injury or loss to the public or to be detrimental to the public interest.
(6) The licensee if an individual, or the partners if a partnership, or owner if a sole proprietorship, or the officers if a corporation, having been found guilty of or having pleaded guilty or nolo contendere to a felony or a crime punishable by imprisonment of 1 year or more under the law of the United States or of any state or under the law of any other country, without regard to whether a judgment of conviction has been entered by the court having jurisdiction of such cases.