(1) A purchasing group which intends to do business in this state shall furnish notice to the office which shall:
(a) Identify the state in which the group is domiciled.
(b) Specify the lines and classifications of liability insurance which the purchasing group intends to purchase.
(c) Identify the insurance company or companies from which the group intends to purchase its insurance and the domicile of such company or companies.
(d) Identify the principal place of business of the group.
(e) Provide such other information as may be required by the office to verify that the purchasing group is qualified as a purchasing group under the provisions of this part.
(2) The purchasing group shall register with and designate the Chief Financial Officer or her or his designee as its agent solely for the purpose of receiving service of legal documents or process. This requirement shall not apply in the case of a purchasing group: (a) Which:
1. Was domiciled before April 1, 1986.
2. Is domiciled on and after October 27, 1986, in any state of the United States.
1. Before October 27, 1986, purchased insurance from an insurance carrier licensed in any state; and
2. Since October 27, 1986, purchased its insurance from an insurance carrier licensed in any state.
(c) Which was a purchasing group under the requirements of the Product Liability Risk Retention Act of 1981 before October 27, 1986.
(d) Which does not purchase insurance that was not authorized for purposes of an exemption under that act, as in effect before October 27, 1986.