The applicable statutes of this state relating to the powers and procedures of domestic private corporations formed for profit shall apply to domestic mutual insurance holding companies, except:
(1) A mutual insurance holding company shall be organized exclusively under this act and shall be a mutual company without capital stock.
(2) The articles of incorporation of the mutual insurance holding company, and any amendment to such articles or restatement of such articles shall be subject to the approval of the office for compliance with the provisions of this act prior to filing with the Department of State, and shall contain the name of the mutual insurance holding company, which shall include the word “Mutual.”
(3) The provisions of chapter 617 shall be deemed to be incorporated into this part to govern a mutual insurance holding company to the extent that this act and the insurance code are silent with respect to the articles of incorporation, bylaws, organization, members, directors, or other matters relating to a mutual insurance holding company.
(4) Nothing in this part shall be construed to require that a mutual insurance holding company be governed by part II of chapter 625.
(5) In the case of the reorganization of any mutual insurance company organized as a nonprofit corporation under chapter 617, a mutual insurance holding company organized under this part shall be deemed to be a nonprofit corporation.