(1)(a) It is unlawful to have for use any of the following types of fire extinguishers:
1. Carbon tetrachloride;
3. Dibromodifluoromethane (commonly known as Halon 1202);
5. Azeotropic chloromethane;
6. 1,2 dibromo-2-chloro-1, 1,2 trifluoroethane;
7. 1,2 dibromo-2, 2-difluoroethane;
8. Methyl bromide;
9. Ethylene dibromide;
10. Hydrogen bromide;
11. Methylene bromide;
13. Any other toxic or poisonous vaporizing liquid fire extinguishers using extinguishing agents determined by the State Fire Marshal to be unacceptably harmful; and
14. Inverting water fire extinguishers.
(b) It is unlawful to offer for sale, sell, or give in this state any of the types of fire extinguishers listed in paragraph (a).
(2) It is unlawful for any person, directly or through an agent, to sell, offer for sale, or give in this state any make, type, or model of fire extinguisher, either new or used, unless such make, type, or model of extinguisher has first been tested and is currently approved or listed by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., Factory Mutual Laboratories, Inc., or another testing laboratory recognized by the State Fire Marshal as nationally recognized in accordance with procedures adopted by rule, taking into account the laboratory’s facilities, procedures, use of nationally recognized standards, and any other criteria reasonably calculated to reach an informed determination, and unless such extinguisher carries an Underwriters Laboratories, Inc., or manufacturer’s serial number. Such serial number shall be permanently stamped on the manufacturer’s identification and instruction plate.
(3) A person who violates any of the provisions of this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.