The council shall have special powers in connection with the employment and training of firefighters to:
(1) Recommend, for adoption by the division, uniform minimum standards for the employment and training of firefighters.
(2) Recommend, for adoption by the division, minimum curriculum requirements for schools operated by or for any employing agency for the specific purpose of training firefighter recruits or firefighters.
(3) Recommend, for adoption by the division, on matters relating to the funding, general operation, and administration of the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training (Florida State Fire College), including, but not limited to, all standards, training, curriculum, and the issuance of any certificate of competency required by this chapter.
(4) Consult and cooperate with any employing agency, university, college, community college, the Florida State Fire College, or other educational institution concerning the employment and safety of firefighters, including, but not limited to, the safety of firefighters while at the scene of a fire or the scene of an incident related to the provision of emergency services to which a firefighter responds, and the development of firefighter training schools and programs of courses of instruction, including, but not limited to, education and training in the areas of firefighter employment, fire science, fire technology, fire administration, and all allied and supporting fields.
(5) Make or support studies on any aspect of firefighting employment, education, and training or recruitment.
(6) Make recommendations concerning any matter within its purview pursuant to this act.