The purposes of ss. 633.43-633.49 and of the Florida State Fire College shall be:
(1) To provide professional and volunteer firefighters with needful professional instruction and training in subjects, including, but not limited to, firefighting, fire prevention, and emergency operations, at a minimum of cost to them and to their employers.
(2) To develop new methods and practices of firefighting and fire prevention.
(3) To assist the state and county, municipal, and other local governments of this state and their agencies and officers in their investigation and determination of the causes of fires.
(4) To provide testing facilities for testing firefighting equipment.
(5) To disseminate useful information on fires, firefighting and fire prevention and other related subjects, to fire departments and others interested in such information.
(6) To do such other needful or useful things necessary to the promotion of public safety in the field of fire hazards and fire prevention work.
It is hereby declared by the Legislature that the above purposes are legitimate state functions and are designed to promote public safety.