The requirements for fire alarm system equipment are:
(1) Equipment supplied shall be approved by a nationally recognized testing laboratory, and installed in accordance with its procedures. Any testing laboratory wishing to be considered “nationally recognized” by the State Fire Marshal shall submit an application to the State Fire Marshal for certification in accordance with procedures established by the State Fire Marshal by rule. The State Fire Marshal shall consider the applicant’s use of and compliance with nationally accepted testing procedures, the applicant’s inspection procedures including quality control, recognition by any other state or jurisdiction, and such other criteria as are reasonably necessary to reach an informed decision.
(2) Equipment shall be installed in accordance with the applicable standards of the National Fire Protection Association and procedures approved by said testing laboratory.
(3) Each piece of equipment supplied shall be warranted for a period of 1 year against defects in material or operation.
(4) The fire alarm system contractor or the certified unlimited electrical contractor shall furnish the user with appropriate documentation as required by the National Fire Protection Association standards, operating instructions for all equipment installed, together with a diagram of the final installation, except where the ownership of the system remains with the contractor.
(5) All fire alarm systems required by the State Fire Marshal’s rules shall be installed, serviced, tested, repaired, inspected, and improved in compliance with the provisions of the applicable standards of the National Fire Protection Association as adopted by rule.
(6) The State Fire Marshal shall promulgate specifications, by rule, regarding the information and data to be contained in the test certificate hereby required to be provided to the consumer when the fire alarm system is installed, serviced, tested, repaired, improved, or inspected. It shall be unlawful to install, service, test, repair, improve, or inspect any fire alarm system without providing the consumer with a completed test certificate.
(7) The State Fire Marshal shall promulgate by rule specifications as to the size, shape, and color and the information to be contained in the service tags hereby required to be attached to all fire alarm systems when they are installed, serviced, tested, repaired, inspected, or improved. It shall be unlawful to install, service, test, repair, inspect, or improve a fire system without attaching a completed tag, or to use a tag not meeting the specifications of the State Fire Marshal.