641.30 Construction and relationship to other laws.—
(1) Every health maintenance organization shall accept the claim form prescribed pursuant to s. 641.3155.
(2) Except as provided in this part, the Florida Insurance Code does not apply to health maintenance organizations certificated under this part, and health maintenance organizations certificated under this part are not subject to part II of this chapter. Any person, entity, or health maintenance organization operating without a subsisting certificate of authority in violation of this part or rules promulgated thereunder or renewing, issuing, or delivering health maintenance contracts without a subsisting certificate of authority in violation of this part or rules promulgated thereunder, in addition to being subject to the provisions of this part, is subject to the provisions of the Florida Insurance Code as defined in s. 624.01.
(3) The solicitation of subscribers by a health maintenance organization or its representatives shall not be construed to be violative of any provisions of law relating to solicitation or advertising by health professionals if the health maintenance organization is operating pursuant to a subsisting certificate of authority.
(4) The Division of Insurance Fraud of the department is vested with all powers granted to it under the Florida Insurance Code with respect to the investigation of any violation of this part.
(5) Every health maintenance organization must comply with s. 627.4301.
History.—s. 14, ch. 72-264; s. 3, ch. 76-168; s. 1, ch. 77-457; ss. 2, 3, ch. 81-318; ss. 793, 804, 809(1st), ch. 82-243; s. 7, ch. 84-313; s. 20, ch. 85-177; s. 11, ch. 87-236; ss. 187, 188, ch. 91-108; s. 4, ch. 91-429; s. 5, ch. 97-182; s. 53, ch. 99-3; s. 10, ch. 2002-389.