The following provisions of the Florida Insurance Code shall apply to legal expense insurance corporations, to the extent that they are not inconsistent with the provisions of ss. 642.011-642.049:
(1) Chapter 624, administration and general provisions.
(2) Chapter 625, accounting, investments, and deposits.
(3) Chapter 626, part IX, unfair insurance trade practices.
(4) Chapter 627, part I, rates and rating organizations, and part II, the insurance contract.
(5) Section 628.4615, specialty insurers; acquisition of controlling stock, ownership interest, assets, or control; merger or consolidation.
(6) Chapter 631, insurer insolvency; guaranty of payment.