The department may, in its discretion, deny, suspend, revoke, or refuse to renew or continue the license or appointment of any sales representative if it finds that, as to the representative, any one or more of the following applicable grounds exist under circumstances for which such denial, suspension, revocation, or refusal is not mandatory under s. 642.041:
(1) Any cause for which granting of the license or appointment could have been refused had it been known to the department at the time of application.
(2) Violation of any provision of ss. 642.011-642.049, or of any other law applicable to the business of legal expense insurance in the course of dealings under the license or appointment.
(3) Violation of any lawful order or rule of the office, commission, or department.
(4) Failure or refusal to pay over, upon demand, to any insurer he or she represents, or has represented, any money which belongs to the insurer.
(5) In the conduct of business under the license or appointment, having engaged in unfair methods of competition or in unfair or deceptive acts or practices, as such methods, acts, or practices are defined under part IX of chapter 626, or having otherwise shown himself or herself to be a source of injury or loss to the public or detrimental to the public interest.
(6) Having been found guilty of, or having pled guilty or nolo contendere to, a felony or a crime punishable by imprisonment of 1 year or more under the law of the United States of America or any state thereof or under the law of any other country, whether or not a judgment of conviction has been entered.