8. Chapter 552, relating to the manufacture, distribution, and use of explosives.
9. Chapter 562, relating to beverage law enforcement.
10. Section 624.401, relating to transacting insurance without a certificate of authority, s. 624.437(4)(c)1., relating to operating an unauthorized multiple-employer welfare arrangement, or s. 626.902(1)(b), relating to representing or aiding an unauthorized insurer.
11. Chapter 687, relating to interest and usurious practices.
32. Chapter 893, relating to drug abuse prevention and control.
33. Section 914.22 or s. 914.23, relating to witnesses, victims, or informants.
34. Section 918.12 or s. 918.13, relating to tampering with jurors and evidence.
(b) Any conduct which is subject to indictment or information as a criminal offense and listed in 18 U.S.C. s. 1961(1) (A), (B), (C), or (D).
(2) “Unlawful debt” means any money or other thing of value constituting principal or interest of a debt that is legally unenforceable in this state in whole or in part because the debt was incurred or contracted:
(a) In violation of any one of the following provisions of law:
(b) In gambling activity in violation of federal law or in the business of lending money at a rate usurious if punishable as a crime under state or federal law.
(3) “Enterprise” means any individual, sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, business trust, union chartered under the laws of this state, or other legal entity, or any unchartered union, association, or group of individuals associated in fact although not a legal entity; and the term includes illicit as well as licit enterprises and governmental, as well as other, entities.
(4) “Pattern of criminal activity” means engaging in at least two incidents of criminal activity that have the same or similar intents, results, accomplices, victims, or methods of commission or that otherwise are interrelated by distinguishing characteristics and are not isolated incidents; provided that the last of such incidents occurred within 5 years after a prior incident of criminal activity. For the purposes of this chapter, the term “pattern of criminal activity” shall not include two or more incidents of fraudulent conduct arising out of a single contract or transaction against one or more related persons.
(5) “Real property” means any real property or any direct or indirect interest in such real property. An interest in any lease of or mortgage upon real property shall be considered an interest in such real property.
(6) “Related persons” means, as to natural persons, persons who are related by blood within the second degree or who are married and, as to other persons, persons which are substantially under the same direction, ownership, or control, either directly or indirectly.
History.—s. 3, ch. 86-277; s. 3, ch. 90-301; s. 12, ch. 91-33; s. 66, ch. 91-110; s. 4, ch. 92-125; s. 3, ch. 92-281; s. 63, ch. 92-348; s. 2, ch. 93-227; s. 104, ch. 93-415; s. 7, ch. 95-340; s. 106, ch. 96-175; s. 6, ch. 96-252; s. 4, ch. 96-260; s. 92, ch. 99-3; s. 2, ch. 99-335; s. 12, ch. 2005-228; s. 2, ch. 2006-168; s. 2, ch. 2009-22; s. 23, ch. 2009-170; ss. 4, 5, ch. 2010-29.