(1) PUBLIC K-12 CURRICULAR STANDARDS.—The State Board of Education shall adopt and periodically review and revise the Sunshine State Standards in accordance with s. 1003.41. (2) DIRECT-SUPPORT ORGANIZATION OF THE DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION.—The State Board of Education shall govern issues relating to use of property, facilities, and personal services between the Department of Education and its direct-support organization and shall certify that the organization operates at all times in a manner consistent with the goals and best interest of the department, pursuant to s. 1001.24. (3) PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES.—The State Board of Education shall classify school services, designate the certification subject areas, establish competencies, including the use of technology to enhance student learning, and certification requirements for all school-based personnel, and prescribe rules in accordance with which the professional, temporary, and part-time certificates shall be issued by the Department of Education to applicants who meet the standards prescribed by such rules for their class of service, as described in chapter 1012. The state board shall adopt rules that give part-time and full-time nondegreed teachers of career programs, pursuant to s. 1012.39(1)(c), the opportunity to earn a reading credential equivalent to a content-area-specific reading endorsement.
(4) PROFESSIONAL TEACHER ASSOCIATIONS.—The State Board of Education shall ensure that not-for-profit, professional teacher associations that offer membership to all teachers, noninstructional personnel, and administrators, and that offer teacher training and staff development at no fee to the district, shall be given equal access to voluntary teacher meetings, be provided access to teacher mailboxes for distribution of professional literature, and be authorized to collect voluntary membership fees through payroll deduction.
(5) IDENTIFICATION OF CRITICAL TEACHER SHORTAGE AREAS.—The State Board of Education shall identify critical teacher shortage areas pursuant to s. 1012.07.
(6) CAPITAL OUTLAY BOND AND MOTOR VEHICLE TAX ANTICIPATION CERTIFICATE RESOLUTIONS.—The State Board of Education shall issue bonds and approve resolutions regarding the expenditure of funds for capital projects and purposes pursuant to the State Constitution and other applicable law.
(7) ARTICULATION ACCOUNTABILITY.—The State Board of Education shall develop articulation accountability measures that assess the status of systemwide articulation processes, in conjunction with the Board of Governors regarding the State University System, and shall establish an articulation accountability process in accordance with the provisions of chapter 1008, in conjunction with the Board of Governors regarding the State University System.
(8) SYSTEMWIDE ENFORCEMENT.—The State Board of Education shall enforce compliance with law and state board rule by all school districts and public postsecondary educational institutions, except for the State University System, in accordance with the provisions of s. 1008.32.
(9) MANAGEMENT INFORMATION DATABASES.—The State Board of Education, in conjunction with the Board of Governors regarding the State University System, shall continue to collect and maintain, at a minimum, the management information databases for state universities, and all other components of the public K-20 education system as such databases existed on June 30, 2002.
(10) COMMON PLACEMENT TESTING FOR PUBLIC POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION.—The State Board of Education, in conjunction with the Board of Governors, shall develop and implement a common placement test to assess the basic computation and communication skills of students who intend to enter a degree program at any 1community college or state university.
(11) MINIMUM STANDARDS FOR NONPUBLIC POSTSECONDARY EDUCATION.—The State Board of Education shall adopt minimum standards relating to nonpublic postsecondary education and institutions, in accordance with the provisions of chapter 1005.
(12) COMMON POSTSECONDARY DEFINITIONS.—The State Board of Education shall adopt, by rule, common definitions for associate in science degrees and for certificates.
(13) CYCLIC REVIEW OF POSTSECONDARY ACADEMIC PROGRAMS.—The State Board of Education shall provide for the cyclic review of all academic programs in 1community colleges at least every 7 years. Program reviews shall document how individual academic programs are achieving stated student learning and program objectives within the context of the institution’s mission. The results of the program reviews shall inform strategic planning, program development, and budgeting decisions at the institutional level.
(14) UNIFORM CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM FOR SCHOOL DISTRICT ADMINISTRATIVE AND MANAGEMENT PERSONNEL.—The State Board of Education shall maintain a uniform classification system for school district administrative and management personnel that will facilitate the uniform coding of administrative and management personnel to total district employees.
(15) 1COMMUNITY COLLEGE BACCALAUREATE DEGREE PROGRAMS.—The State Board of Education shall provide for the review and approval of proposals by 1community colleges to offer baccalaureate degree programs pursuant to s. 1007.33. A 1community college, as defined in s. 1000.21, that is approved to offer baccalaureate degrees pursuant to s. 1007.33 remains under the authority of the State Board of Education and the 1community college’s board of trustees.