(1) State universities and 1community colleges may submit proposals for educational leadership enhancement grants to the Commissioner of Education. Proposals shall be funded competitively.
(2) To be eligible for funding, proposals must create programs designed to strengthen the academic and professional coursework or executive management preparation of women and minorities.
(3) Each proposal must include specific measurable goals and objectives.
(4) The State Board of Education may adopt any rules necessary to implement the provisions of this grant program.
(5) The grant program shall be implemented to the extent funded in the General Appropriations Act.