Section 261.03, Florida Statutes 2009
261.03 Definitions.--As used in this chapter, the term:
(1) "Advisory committee" means the Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Advisory Committee created by s. 261.04.
(2) "ATV" means any motorized off-highway or all-terrain vehicle 50 inches or less in width, having a dry weight of 1,200 pounds or less, designed to travel on three or more nonhighway tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control, and intended for use by a single operator with no passenger.
(3) "Department" means the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(4) "Division" means the Division of Forestry of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(5) "OHM" or "off-highway motorcycle" means any motor vehicle used off the roads or highways of this state that has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and is designed to travel with not more than two wheels in contact with the ground, but excludes a tractor or a moped.
(6) "Off-highway vehicle" means any ATV, two-rider ATV, ROV, or OHM that is used off the roads or highways of this state and that is not registered and licensed for highway use under chapter 320.
(7) "Program" means the Off-Highway Vehicle Recreation Program.
(8) "Public lands" means lands within the state that are available for public use and that are owned, operated, or managed by a federal, state, county, or municipal governmental entity.
(9) "ROV" means any motorized recreational off-highway vehicle 60 inches or less in width, having a dry weight of 1,500 pounds or less, designed to travel on four or more nonhighway tires, having nonstraddle seating and a steering wheel, and manufactured for recreational use by one or more persons. The term "ROV" does not include a golf cart as defined in ss. 320.01(22) and 316.003(68) or a low-speed vehicle as defined in s. 320.01(42).
(10) "System" means the off-highway vehicle recreation areas and trails on public lands within the state.
(11) "Trust fund" means the Incidental Trust Fund of the Division of Forestry of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.
(12) "Two-rider ATV" means any ATV that is specifically designed by the manufacturer for a single operator and one passenger.
History.--s. 53, ch. 2002-295; s. 26, ch. 2005-164; s. 1, ch. 2009-137.